Upgrading SDC 6.5 to SDC 6.5.1
This documentation is for SmartDataCenter 6 and does not apply to SmartDataCenter 7 or Triton.
For current documentation, please see docs.joyent.com/private-cloud.
<table class="sectionMacro" border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr>
This page shows you how to upgrade your SmartDataCenter software from version 6.5 to version 6.5.1. Do not use this procedure to upgrade from any other version of SmartDataCenter.
|Please read this procedure carefully before starting. Make sure that you understand all the steps you'll need to take.|
The upgrade procedure requires rebooting the head node and the compute nodes. When the head node is down, your customers will not be able to provision new machines using the Customer Portal. When the compute nodes are rebooting, customers will not be able to log into their machines.
To upgrade the SmartDataCenter software you will need to:
- Back up the current head node
- Obtain the upgrade file
- Perform the basic upgrade
- Perform additional backup steps
In this page:
- Backing Up the Head Node and USB Key
- Checking the Health of the Head Node Zones
- Obtaining the Upgrade File
- Performing the Basic Upgrade
- Additional Upgrade Steps
- Preparing for the Additional steps
- Upgrading the Customer Portal Zone
- Backing Up the Customer Portal Files Before Updating
- Destroying and Re-Creating the Portal Zone
- Restoring Portal Customizations
- Upgrading the Platform Image
- Upgrading the Zone Agents
- Cleaning Up
|To use the commands in this page you must be logged in to the head node.|