Provisioning a New SmartMachine
This documentation is for SmartDataCenter 6 and does not apply to SmartDataCenter 7 or Triton.
For current documentation, please see docs.joyent.com/private-cloud.
<table class="sectionMacro" border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr>
To provision a new SmartMachine on a compute node using the Operations Portal, follow these steps.
- Choose SmartMachines from the buttons along the left side of the Operations Portal.
- Click Provision New SmartMachine in the light blue bar.
- Enter the name of the SmartMachine Owner. This must be an existing customer.
- Choose a Package and a Dataset. You can optionally select the compute node for the SmartMachine.
- You can give the new SmartMachine a host name or an alias name. If you don't provide an alias name, SmartDataCenter uses a unique UUID as the name. The alias name must contain no more than 32 alphanumeric characters (no spaces), and it must be unique within the data center.
- If you want to select different Logical Networks than the default network for the package, click Modify Networks.
- Click Provision to provision the SmartMachine.
- When the SmartMachine is provisioned the status will say Running and the IP address associated with the tagged netword appears in the Network section.