Installing SDC Software on the Head Node
This documentation is for SmartDataCenter 6 and does not apply to SmartDataCenter 7 or Triton.
For current documentation, please see docs.joyent.com/private-cloud.
<table class="sectionMacro" border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr>
This topic describes how to install the SmartDataCenter software on the head node from a USB key.
If you need to create a USB key, see Creating a USB Key From a Release Tarball.
In this page:
- Prepare the head node hardware
- Configure the USB key (optional)
- Install the head node software
- Post-Installation Tasks
- Verify the health of the headnode
- Verify that services are running correctly
- Verify Default Package and Dataset
- Disable Dataset API if the head node has no Internet access
- Where to go next