Payment and billing
After signing up for an account, you must add your payment information to start provisioning instances or using other services. This includes providing a payment method and your billing address.
You can add this information on your account page.
The first page of your invoice is the statement summary of the bill, while the remaining pages include a full breakdown of your monthly charges.
The first page of your invoice, the statement summary, is overview of your monthly bill. It includes:
- new charges included on your invoice
- discounts you have received
- adjustments to your invoice
- payment you have made
- the total amount due
The Charge Details pages list the details of these charges.
The remaining pages of the invoice contain details about the charges. Beginning in 2016 with the launch of our new Triton packages, usage is presented on your invoice summarized by package. The same format is now used to display usage for our legacy G2 and G3 packages as well. This updated format will provide you with a simplified and easy-to-digest view of your usage across our public cloud services. Each line item lists:
- service period
- item description
- item charge detail
- total for the line item
Depending on the services you use, there may be a mix of some charges billed in arrears with others billed in advance. These will be reflected in the service period for each item.
- Instance charges are billed for usage during the previous calendar month.
- NFS charges are billed in advance. Any changes you make during the service period will be reflected on your next invoice.
|Dates are given in the American style: mm/dd/yyyy. Time is US Pacific Time.|
- Item: This column references the service for which you're being billed (e.g. Triton Compute, Manta (Triton's object storage and converged analytics solution), Production Support, etc.).
- Charge Detail: This column list several key pieces of information:
- Description: Additional description about the package or service being billed: instance/container package, license fees, NFS storage, etc..
- Quantity: For services billed hourly, such as instance usage or license fees, this is the number of hours. For Bandwidth, it is the total transfer in GB. For NFS storage, it is the size of the NFS mount.
- Subtotal: The pre-tax amount charged for this line item, the Unit Price x Quantity.
- Tax: If required based on your location, the tax due for this line item.
- Total: The total amount charged for this line item, the Subtotal + Tax.