Terraform allows you to effortlessly combine high-level system providers with your own or with each other. Launch a server from one cloud provider, add a DNS entry with its IP with a different provider. Built-in dependency resolution means things happen in the right order.
Terraform can manage all three types of Triton compute resources as first order objects:
- Bare-metal Docker containers. These run the Docker images you expect, but without complication of having to run them in a virtual machine or prepare the infrastructure first.
- Infrastructure containers. These work like hardware virtual machines, but perform like the bare metal containers they are.
- Hardware virtual machines. These allow flexibility to run Windows or other non-Linux operating systems.
- Joyent customers can contact support for issues specific to Terraform on Triton.
- The Terraform mailing list and IRC channel (
#terraform-toolon Freenode) are great for general questions about Terraform.
- The sdc-discuss mailing list is a great starting point for questions about how to use and manage Triton, including with Terraform: Subscribe, archives.